Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Dance Prabhu, Dance..

He's India's Michael Jackson and regardless what controversies he's stuck in, he still commands a fan base willing to look past. These are just a few songs I watched just for him all the time and are still very fond of.

I love the tuning in this song just because it has an inspirational feel to it as per the scene in the movie. Couldn't find the full clip so added two to cover it all.



part 2



Back to the beginning. This song is supposedly what made Prabhu Deva famous but I kind of feel since he did so many others before Chikku Bukku is just one of the popular ones. Love Raju's cameo in the cameo.


They made a movie with the title of this song but nothing beats this. Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa marked the return of Krishnaraj who unfortunately has disappeared again.


I loved the soundtrack and the movie VIP, a remake of Tere Mere Sapne, in which Prabhu played Arshad Warsi's character. Its a shame that Ranjith Barot didn't do more movies as music director. Quite liked Aks as well.


Yes the costumes are a bit odd but funky song and Prabhu's trademark expression in Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar.


Love the chemistry between Kalyani and Prabhu in this and they were great in the movie Alli Thantha Vaanam too.


A song from his first feature film Indu. Cant believe Khushbu did a cameo in the song but here she is.


I cant have a post of Prabhu Deva's without this song. Not so much of the fast moving dance but still a good song.


Now shifting to Telugu, this one is from Style. Like the dance incorporation but could have given Prabhu a stronger role than what he got.


How about some Hindi since this man is all over the place? I remember squealing my lungs out when I saw Prabhu on screen while watching Shakthi. I'd seen the other version but SRK had me interested but this cameo I didn't expect.


It is honestly very hard to find some of Prabhu really early work. like his cameo's when he was still a teenager. Of course there is Chikku Bukku as I have added but there are so many others. If you find any please let me know so that I can add it. Mind you that is a big if since some dont approve. I think the worst thing about one of my favourite actors being caught in a controversy is that people expect me to hate for that fact. But I choose to look at the talent and the actor/director/choreographer that he is instead. If you choose otherwise, let me just say be fair and check the facts, not what the media feeds you. Kamal Haasan is an undeniable entity in the industry but his personal life and theories don't sit well with some and I frankly dont care about it either. Whether that disgusts you or irritates you, I feel that there are so many untold sides of stories that are flosting in the walls of the industry so all I ask is you enjoy this post for what it is. My post on work done by one of my favourite celebrities.