Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dheera Dheera Dheera...

Sorry boss, this isn't about Ram Charan. This is about the absolutely awesome new film Anaganaga Oka Dheerudu with Siddharth, Shruti Haasan and Lakshmi Manchu. But where would you begin on something like this. I know there have been movies that have the fantasy genre tagged to them. There have even been movies associated to big Hollywood companies. However, I dont there is any that have caught the interest of industry and audience folks quite as much. I know the whole "Hum sab hindustani hai" [barring the obvious that I'm sri lankan] but out of those that spoke while on centre stage during the trailer release, Shruti Haasan was the only one that spoke of the film as an achievement on a national level. But enough of the desi-ism, nationalism and classism.. Down to the Dheerudism.



Yodha. Ee peru ekkado vinnantunde ani anupisthundi. My personal reference back to this name is that A.R.Rahman's first feature film recorded was Yodha in Malayalam. Roja is the one that released first and struck a cord with the audience. But something about this name seems to always have me thinking of an samurai warrior. I know, cheesy but seriously. Besides the obvious Star Wars reference which I have yet to watch a complete film, I always thought it was asian. But with Siddhu playing the character you have to forget the urban yuppy lover boy characters he's played. In his new avatar, he is about to kiss some major asian ass.(There are asian action choreographers in this film)



Priya. Simple sweet and nice. A name as often used as Jane Do, but each person that has played a Priya has add their own touch to it. Ikkada kooda, mana "Sakalakala Vallavan" Kamal Haasan has his darling daughter debuting in what I call her first feature film since Luck did nothing but sink. Andam, abhinayam..ade Shruti. Multifaceted and excelling in all departments, I would have love to hear Shruti speak Telugu but Sunitha has taken the mike on this one. Will have to do with her singing Eenadu till the next project.



Irendri. Thalli is what her father, Mohan Babu, called her on her show. But idi Mohan Babu kooture kadhu. Lakshmi is sssizzling and packing sssome punchesss on her own. The first voice you hear in the trailer is this talented actress and then a face that is both menacing and majestic. Mee Lakshmi talk show is one of the few talk shows I watch and that extraordinary persona that attracts you so simply which I have seen so many times in Mohan Babugaru is evident with her own touch of fun and finesse. So imagine my delight seeing her pics of Irendri and then the trailer. Baboi!! Nenu khallas. So here's introducing Lakshmi Manchu.


These three are enough reason singularly to watch any film but adding them together under a banner that has always been magical to me and naturally my interest investment is larger than any other film. Disney is the only company I was ever interested in on a feature film scale, although Warner Bros and MGM were in not off the map completely. I guess because Disney made the classics and WB was more cartoon quality to me, I didn't give them much thought.

 Anaganaga Oka Dheerudu releases Jan 14th,2011.

Inkenti Boss, keep an eye out for Youtube videos and other news. This one is bound to surpass expectations..