Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Mic Testing 1, 2, 3..

When it comes to singing, there is no limit to the abundance of talent in the industry. But what happens when actors want to sing? Either its a hit or miss. I just finished watching Guzaarish and was amazed at Hrithik's rendition of the timeless classic 'What a wonderful world'. So I thought to compile some of the songs together,  just for fun.

Nizam boss, edupu vachesindi.. This man is amazing in all aspects but when he started to sing, I went for the tissue box.


From crying to dancing, Siddharth has sung quite a few songs but I love the fun factor in his voice. But this song from Oy! somehow has me hooked more than others. I kinda feel it suits his voice more than the others.


Kamal Hassan has a very unique voice yet I fund it quite soothing in this song. A classic that still gets used now, although in a more comical sense, Thenpaandi Cheemaiyile gets my vote on Kamal's best vocal act.


But when it comes to Kamal Haasan, one is never enough. While I do love Chitra and her rendition of this song with Kumar Sanu, where Tabu and Anil Kapoor were ok, the original Inji Iduppazhagi has to be the cutest pictorisation between Revathy and Kamal.


I know you might find this weird but I absolutely love NTR Junior's voice. His modulation is just amazing no matter the scene. So naturally when I heard him sing in Yamadonga, I was interested to see how he went. Not bad from Puli but out of the 3 songs he sang, DSP definitely rocks with this one.


Shifting base we have Aamir Khan singing that famous line, Aati Kya Khandala. Although my personal fav from the film was Jadoo Hai Tera Hi, This is just a fun song that became a success bigger than anticipated.


I love the man but was not to convinced with Shah Rukh Khan's singing capabilities. However ridiculous I found it, the fangirl screams continued and the memorising of his lines and dance steps was evident. Mind you I still felt like slapping Ash.


When the other Khans are present, Salman Khan isn't far behind. The film Hello Brother has some great music, typical of a Salman Khan flick. Some may not think he's too good but this is Salman Ishtyle bhaiyya.. And no one does it like Salman.


What can I say about Mamta Mohandas that I havent already? Although she has sung a few songs for herself like this one in King...

.. She isn't adverse to just being a playback singer. My current favourite is Priyankari from Thriller (Please excuse Katherine Theresa's wardrobe. I'm sure Prithviraj makes up for it)


Shalini Ajithkumar may not have been around much in Tamil after Kadhalukku Mariyathai but she and her sister were a force to reckon with when they were child artists. In the film that featured to now married Shalini and Ajith, she debuted as a singer. Pity she didn't continue.


Manoj K Bharathi isn't the best looking guy but when you're dealing with A.R.Rahman who knows how to pick a voice, he must have the goods when it comes to singing. Whats more, after his debut in Taj Mahal,Manoj released an album with actress Meena called "16 Vayathinile" which fared pretty well. For a guy that struggled as an actor, he's got a few talents up his sleave as he tries to make his directional debut, a remake his father's cult classic of the same name.


I'm pretty sure there are others but these are the one that I could gather videos for. If you have any suggestions with videos, please do share. More than likely, I was looking for them..

5 comments:

  1. Never knew the b'wood actors sang a couple for themselves! :D cool ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ne idea abt the rls date of Anaganaga Oka Dheerudu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Hee kani mana Teluguvallu laga cheyaleru. kadha Nikita?

    Anaganaga Oka Dheerudu releases Jan 14th Nikhi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea! The only thing missing is Amitabh! Jidhar Dekhoon from Mahaan, Nila Aasmaan from Silsila and Tu Maike Mat Jaiyo from Pukar are WIN WIN WIN!

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I completely forgot about him and I think he has the best singing voice next to Hrithik in B/town..!!

    ReplyDelete