Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Olammi! Mamta Magic..

Don't ask me why, when or how. I've always had a soft corner for Mamta Mohandas but unfortunately the only movies I've had access to were her Tamil and Telugu ones only. Not that I'm complaining. I thought she was a cute newface in Sivappathigaram. Believe it not,I figured since the film clicked, she would be a leading contender considering the trend that was happening with Asin and Nayanthara.





But then I saw some wall papers on the Telugu page of Indiaglitz and recognised the familiar face. Without thinking I would not understand much of it, I went looking for Yamadonga. From that point, my favourite song and dance anthem came in the form of Nuvvu Muttukunte and Olammi. This kept me going till I saw her again in Krishnarjuna and Victory. Both left much to be desired but I remained optimistic. I guess I just found solace in her singing.







But behind that beautiful face, there was life threatening struggle. To think the year I saw her return to Tamil where there was a massive gap, she must have been going through so much pain and still looked and acted beautifully during and after her chemotherapy, shows the power of the human spirit. I know there are many that have gone through struggle and some that still do but amongst the attention seekers, even while the pain was unbearable, the strength that Mamta has shown sets her apart. Call me biased or even naive, I dont care. It takes courage to be open about that kind of pain. Yet, even now this stage of her career and life, the facts is not belted on the microphone or even shown documentary styled episodes on tv. Sympathy was never on the requirements and even now, as people read and watch in awe this actress/singer shine and dazzle in what she describes the best form she has ever been in, she is composed and positive, no dramatics.





I urge anyone that has a even a remote interest in the actress to read her interview just to take a glimpse at her ordeal. I am sometimes perceived to be someone who keeps her emotions hidden but when confronted by this type of situation, I would have certainly broken down quite quickly. But to see a reminder in the form of ones "made up" self in the mirror and look at it with hope... Hats off Mamta!





So this post is in dedication to as well as glimpse into an actress I adore. To me Mamta Mohandas is an amazing actress that I also have a lot of respect for and I eagerly wait to see her on the big screen here in Sydney.

5 comments:

  1. Wow nice post akka, its really sweet :) and yes hats off to Mamta! :) :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Githa kunje..i dnt like Mamatha much..but i like it ur way of talking..love it..:D<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! Mamta read the post and said thank you... *big smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog post. Simple and Superb writing. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete