Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Singing in the Rain..

Varsham ante pranam naaku. Movie kadhu boss, actual rain. When it rains, if I dont have work and I dont need to worry about important things needing to be done, I love to walk, skip, jump, play and dance in the rain. If fact of the many songs that I feel in love with, some memorable ones are in the rain. And somehow A.R.Rahman dominates my rain songs list although there are others.


Even now when I think of rain and dancing, the first song that I think of is Thenmerku from Karuthamma. A classic track with Maheshwari and Raja in it. Vocals by my darlings Chitra and Unnikrishnan has me falling in love with them and the rain everytime I hear the song.

Tidbit: When Chitra came to Sydney for a concert a few years ago, I kept screaming Thenmerku[much to my mum's disgust] and as she was rounding up the night, she said "To the wonderful fan in front" and sang a few lines from it.. I nearly fainted from shock..


Aishwarya gets some really good songs as it is. Add the rain and the guys are gone.. :P Although she has Taal's title track to her name with rain songs, I seem to enjoy this one in Guru more.



Ok, please excuse the visuals on this one but I LOVE this song for M.G Sreekumar. I dont know if he has sung Tamil before but I could kiss A.R.Rahman for using him in this song and the lyrics are awesome too. Just dont know what happened to the normally adorable Arvindaswamy.



No SRK fan can say they didn't repeat the dance moves to this song within the confines of their room. As the second film I watched on the big screen[before learning the language] Dil To Pagal Hai remains a favourite.



What kind of blog is mine if I dont have this woman. Kajol is and will remain my absolute favourite actress and to see her with Aamir in Fanaa was a just beyond words. A rare actress that commands that much of a fan base, even though most are rejected because of the "married" taboo.


Now I know my bangaram Louella will like this song. Funny enough I never say Sarfarosh but was in love with this song for ages after a chance hearing of it on the radio.



And of course, Varsham gurinchi cheppakunda undagalana.. Trisha beats Shreya in this one hands down..



Even though, these are some of my favs, I know there is more in Telugu and Tamil. So please suggest some more and I will add them to my video page on my other blog.


"Varshamlo thadisthu velle ee vela, nee gurthu raakudadhu ante ela.
 Manasulo unna maata oka sari chepthanu nuvvu vintava naa sakhi.."

No comments:

Post a Comment